Sonntag, 3. November 2013

Happy Diwali!

I got a letter from Amit on Wednesday. If you know Amit, you also know that he uses amazing stamps. I love these! Aren't they incredibly pretty?

Amit sent me a card wishin me a happy Diwali. Diwali is the Festival of Lights celebrated across India and apparently a very colourful festival, Amit told me he was already looking for clay lamps when he was writing the letter. I'm so happy that the card reached me on time.

Did you learn anything interesting from through the mail lately? I never heard of this festival before and loved learning about it.

Alles Liebe,
Caddi

2 Kommentare:

  1. I think it depends on where you live and how its spelt for you to realise you already know the festival. Here I've seen it spelt so many different ways but we have quite a community of Indians who of course celebrate it and pay the council to also put lights up around their religious buildings. I love the idea of the Diva's (the candles), the trays of food etc... My festival is very simple compared to it. Maybe Amit mentioned that its the Indian's new year on Monday?

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I also found the spelling "Divali" in the internet, but I decided to just stick to the card Amit sent me - I have never heard of this festival before, but I absolutely agree, it does sound so lovely with all the lights anc candles. I hope you're doing well!

      Löschen

Thanks for leaving your thoughts!