Samstag, 9. Juni 2012

Did you ever wonder how the Germans are like?

Hello dears,

no mail today, you'll have to check the last post for that :)

But I wanted to share this article with you, which I found on the internet - I had so much fun reading it :)

http://www.uberlin.co.uk/what-i-know-about-germans/

I disagree with three things though - 
# 3 Sauerkraut is disgusting (in my opinion. I know very very few people (actually I can't think of anyone) who likes it.)
# 72 Most people I know don't talk about money.
# 78 Most people I know drink lots of tap water.

Enjoy reading :) Maybe you'll then understand me better... ;-) Did you already knew or suspected some of the things?

To the other Germans out there: Do you agree or disagree with the things on the list?

Alles Liebe,
Caddi

8 Kommentare:

  1. Its an interesting read, thanks for sharing!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Really interesting! I enjoyed reading it. :) Though I don't agree with your complaints. ;) People here in Bavaria like Sauerkraut a lot (especially the older generations) and I'm sure many people don't even know what tab water is. My mom drinks it and my friends and family didn't have an idea of it when I told them about it. ;)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hey Marie,
      thanks for your opinions!
      Well, I guess you are living in Bavaria - so that's where most of the "stereotypes" come from. ;)
      About the tap water - well, I thought that it was normal :) As wherever I am, people always have their water bottle with them and once it's empty they refill it at the sink.
      Take care!

      Löschen
  3. Very interesting and entertaining read! That's funny about German's not liking flipflops, here it's pretty much a summer essential... Wear them to the beach or the pool, to the store, with jeans, shorts, or a dress, as soon as it's spring! And I know I'm not German, so I don't know if I count, but I like sauerkraut on hotdogs! Or Ruben sandwiches :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. :)
      I also wear flipflops, but really just to the beach / pool - I'd never wear them to university. I once had to run to buy something from the store because it was closing in five minutes and the only "shoes" close that were easy to slip in were flip flops - I did get some weird looks :)

      Löschen
  4. Hello Caddi! Thanks for visiting my blog! The best peck age I've ever received was probably Christmas package which my pen pals sent me snow flakes ornaments as I love snow flakes!^^ I will follow your blog now!

    AntwortenLöschen

Thanks for leaving your thoughts!